- What is Risk Based Authentication - Enhanced Security Enrollment,
and why do I have to do it?
- Security Enrollment is the process by which you provide us with the information that will be used to verify your identity in the future. This is an innovative way to both protect your identity and to add a new layer of protection to your online account. After you complete this simple process, you’ll know you’re at an authentic site because you’ll see your security image, which you chose during enrollment. We’ll know it’s really you because we can validate your identity against the information you have provided to us during enrollment.
- Will I have to enroll every time I log in?
- No. You will only have to enroll once. However, upon future logins, we may use some of the data you provided to us during enrollment to verify your identity.
- How do I get a Username or other User ID in order to enroll or log in?
- You will continue to use the same Username/User ID you previously used.
- Where do I get my PIN/Password?
- You will continue to use the same PIN/Password you previously used.
- What is ‘remember my computer’. Do I have to do it?
- If you log in from a particular computer often, we can remember it for you. This will make it easier to verify your identity in the future.
- What is a personal security image? Where do I get one?
- A personal security image is an image we display when you log in. It helps you to know that you’re logging in to the correct site. It’s another way we can help you protect your information. You will choose your personal security image during enrollment, and you can change it any time.
- What are security questions? Where do I get them?
- Security questions are a series of questions that you select and corresponding answers that you provide. We use these to verify your identity on occasions when we can’t verify your identity. You will choose your security questions during enrollment, and you can change them at any time.
- I enrolled and saw that you had some of my personal information already. Why is that?
- The information that we used was personal information that we already had on file for you. You may have provided it to us previously in another process.
- How do I log in next time?
- Each time you come back, you’ll be asked to log in. You’ll be asked to provide your Username or other User ID, verify your security image, and enter your PIN/password. From time to time, we may also require you to answer some of your security questions, or take additional steps to verify your identity in order to log in.